Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday 10.10.2009

I thought I slept pretty good/fair last night. I got up when the radio came on and got ready for work. Dan got up about a half hour later when his alarm chimed.

We had breakfast and left. I had a safe drive down, thank you God, in the pretty thick fog. As I came into Jackson a raccoon darted out into the highway and I crunched it. Eww. In the rearview mirror I saw the vehicles behind me moving over in the lane. Ick. I will say I'm surprised at how fast it was moving. I guess I had thought that they were slower moving animals.

We had a good day with a great group of co-workers. Since we now have H1N1 flu in the community and have inpatients testing positive for it, the hospital has restricted visitors to "no one 18 and under", and on our floor, "must be well; parents, grandparents, significant others only". No friends, no children. Sounds drastic, but the halls and rooms were sure quieter. And no one is fussing about the restrictions.

Dan was home when I got there. He said some of the "patrons" are coming in sick. We reviewed "hand hygiene" and he said they've got the hand sanitizer stuff all around. And to not touch your face--eyes, nose, mouth. We'll see what happens...

He's gone off to bed. I'm sleepy, too, but I probably won't work tomorrow, as we left the night shift with only 5 patients. WooHoo!! But I will have to be available "on call".

So I'll be sleeping in.

Thank you for reading. Masked hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment