Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday 10.19.2009

After Not Much Sleep the radio came on. Ok, out of bed. I got ready to go to work; Dan got up a half hour later and did same.

A safe drive down, thank you God, and I was watchful while driving. It seemed that there were lots of stains on the road. There was also a car crossways in the median, each bumper wedged into the sloped sides. The lights were on and the ?male driver was standing beside the car. I think he must have gotten out of a door window, because as I write this, I don't recall the door being open. I don't think it could open, the way the vehicle was crumpled. Anyway, not too far from that was an "authorized vehicles only" turn around thing, where a pick up truck in front of me turned into and stopped. Maybe going to help the guy. I didn't see a deer, but that kind of median landing is common when it's slippery. I said a short prayer.

The shuttle was there to take us over. The census was surprisingly low today, with just one unit open. Most of those patients went home, and I was able to clock out at 4 pm. I went over to the closed unit into an empty room, put a sheet over the bed, and laid down for a rest. To my surprise, I woke up a half hour later, just in time to get myself together and get to a meeting that is "strongly encouraged".

The meeting was good. The president of the hospital does this quarterly to keep us up to date on the status of the hospital. It seems we are weathering this financial challenge fairly well, all things considered. She cited a statistic that Jackson has the second most uninsured people in Michigan, (about 20% of the population); the first being Flint.

I left for home about 6:45. It was nice to get home by 7:30. Dan had just gotten in from golf. He hadn't eaten, and neither had I, so I fixed scrambled eggs/ham/onion/cheese for us. It was yummy. And, of course, it wasn't much longer than Dan was snoring in the chair. I woke him about 8:20 to go to bed.

I've checked email and written here. Tomorrow is another workday for both of us.

I had some pretty strong breast pains today that kind of surprised me. Sudden onset, burning aching stabbing, mostly in the wound bed, quite intense, lasting maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Almost like spasm-y stuff. A couple different times. And of course hot flashes, and the arm is bothersome, too. Itchy on the inside, aching in the shoulder, elbow, and wrist.

It's all minor stuff, right?? I'm cancer free and thankful to be alive.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment