Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wednesday 09.23.2009

What a beautiful day today!! About 64 degrees when I woke (about 9) and up to mid 70's in the afternoon. It was actually the warmest couple of days I have had at the lake since the first "hot spell" in the spring.

I got up and took my time with breakfast, enjoying the morning, waiting for the cover of the boat to dry before taking it off. I bug-sprayed the exterior perimeter of the garage and house, straightened and swept the inside of the garage, moving things around to get the next projects set up, and to make room for the speedboat, and bug-sprayed the interior perimeter there, too.

On to the boat. I got the power washer hooked up, applied the TSP "substitute" cleaning solution, let it sit for the recommended time, and blasted it. Oh man, the algae stuff isn't spraying off. But if I wipe it, with just a medium pressure, it slips right off. Hm. I sprayed it again. Nope. Wipe--Oh. I'm going to have to wipe the whole bottom of the boat. *sigh*

So I did. It took me, literally, all afternoon. It was beautifully sunshiney, hot, and somewhat difficult to do with my gimpy left shoulder. I took what time I needed, and whenever I took a break from bending, stooping, stretching, and wiping, and went into the house I picked up and gathered and packed up in there. Then back outside. I saw Bob out with his boat trailer and went over to help get their little boat loaded up. That one was simple.

Anne W. and "the girls" had walked down to say good bye, so that was another nice break. And Mary C. from across the road had come over to say good bye, also, and that was another nice break. I didn't mind; people are more important than projects.

I finally finished the speedboat around 6, got the garden hose and power washer put away, moved the boat into the garage, and called it good. I was really hot and dirty and realized I will need to shower before going home. And I needed to eat.

I ate first, pulling the foods together to take home while preparing and eating. (Multi-tasking?) Then the shower. Whew--that felt good. Now. Finish up the last few things and start carrying them out to the van. I put a snack together and was just getting ready to go out when Bob and Evelyn stopped over to see if I was ok, because it was now dark. I heard Bob's voice before I turned and looked at the back door. Through the screen, a scarecrow, one of those 5-foot, store-bought ones on a stake, was nodding and talking to me. Then Evelyn started giggling and they came on in. Geesh. If I hadn't recognized their voices I might have been more startled. They were concerned that I hadn't left yet and wondered if I was ok. Yes, and I thanked them for checking on me. We laughed and hugged and I used the restroom one last time, locked up and hit the road about 9 PM.

I had a safe drive home, thank you God, and got home about midnight. Of course Daniel was sound asleep. I unloaded, unpacked the cold foods, got my things ready to go to work in a few hours, and went in to take my 3 1/2 hour nap before getting up for work in the morning.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment