Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday 09.17.2009 Carpet Cleaning

I slept pretty good inbetween wake times, and woke feeling rested. Daniel had gotten up and left to golf; I rolled over and went back to sleep, getting up sometime before 9. I had breakfast, dressed, and started clearing the floors in the master bedroom, living room, and dining room. I wanted to move what I could and vacuum, as well as use the smaller vacuum to get the edges good. I was surprised that it took me about 4 hours to do that.

I was just finishing the bottom stairs when the truck pulled up. Ace Carpet and Furniture Cleaning. Two young men, mid to late 20's. They came in and looked around, impressed that I've moved everything for them, except the dining table, the two end tables, and the sofa. And the bed and dressers aren't going to be moved, nor are the entertainment center or the china cabinet. I showed them the areas of greater soil, and they went back downstairs to get their stuff.

They pretreated and got to work. Since I had been busy since breakfast, I fixed my lunch and went down in the foyer and ate. Whew!! I didn't realize how tired my body was. When I was done, I went back upstairs. They had already done the bedroom and were well into the living room coming into the dining area. It looked like they were doing a good job.

They finished up in just over an hour. It looks so much better. But it seems really wet. It was a steam/extraction process that they said would be "damp" for 8-12 hours. I believe it will be. I went around the house turning on fans to help move the air around.

I removed and cleaned the cover of the furnace filter, and Daniel had brought a new filter back home with him. He was pleased at how much better the carpet looks.

I had been reading out on the balcony until Dan came home, and after greeting him, he went in to wash up and change clothes and such. I continued reading.

I finished my book and asked him what time he wanted to leave. He was blank for a minute, then remembered about the Retired Police dinner. "We'd better go now", he said.

So we both changed clothes, and he realized that we would be late. Which turned out ok, because we came in at the end of the serving line. And his friends had saved us a couple of seats at their table.

We ate and mingled and came home. The carpet in the bedroom is mostly dry; the rest is trying hard. Dan is off to bed. I'm ready, to.

Tomorrow is massage day. Mmmmm. I'm glad for that.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment