Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday 09.03.2009

I seemed to be awake frequently, but it also felt like I had been "sleeping" when I woke--and was surprised that the intervals were only 30-45 minutes. At least until 3 or so, when next I saw the steam? fog? rising off of the lake in streaks. Almost like a drawing. You know, the lazy S shapes coming up from, say, a cup of coffee. It was just daylight. Really cool. I went back to sleep after thanking God for letting me see that.

I woke again about 9:30. The sky was clear blue and the mirror lake reflected it. So beautiful. And it was almost 70 degrees on the thermometer on the tree!! Woo Hoo!! I got up and got ready for the day.

First, breakfast. As I was enjoying my coffee, I saw the neighbor out with a boat that he hadn't had in the water for 15 years, preparing to launch it. I went out to see if he needed help.

He didn't. Bob and Evelyn had it under control, and the boat went into the water without difficulty. He was tickled. And when he attempted the 5 horse Mariner motor, it started on the 3rd pull. He grinned. I went back inside.

Several minutes later, he knocked on my door, asking if I would take pictures of he and Evelyn on the maiden voyage. Of course I would--I went out and did that. One of the other neighbors came out, and since I hadn't met him, I introduced myself. We enjoyed watching Bob playing with his boat and helped him back at the dock. Next, Keith's wife Connie came out, and we all went up onto Janis' deck. We had a nice time.

I then left to go into Hale--I needed to pick up a few groceries. I took my time in the store. A lot of other people were in there, too, getting ready for the weekend. On the way home, I stopped at the Goodwin Cottage, where Tom had arrived. We visited a bit before I continued on. And their neighbor Judy was out picking blackberries, and I talked with her a bit.

At home, I put things away and had lunch. Polly had mentioned a paddleboat ride. I got the boat cushion, my hat, sunglasses, and beverage, and headed down to get her.

Since the lake was still quiet, just ruffled from a light wind, we ended up going all the way across the lake and into the inlet. It was neat to explore like that, and not to have a time frame. Other than having to use the bathroom on the way back across the lake. We stopped at the JC for biological purposes, ending up beaching the paddleboat and walking back to the GC. I stayed there for a bit, watched a little of the evening news, and left.

On the way back, the neighbor Craig was out. I spoke to him briefly. Down a few more places, and Jan and Jim were out on their back deck and summoned me to join them. So, after a bit of a chat I finally made it home.

I went back over to Janis', as we had agreed to earlier, to show her the bathing suit I had gotten from Swim and Sweat. I stayed there maybe a half hour or so. When I got home again I called Daniel.

He had gone to a get-together after work, and was now on his way home. We talked for most of his drive, while I had a bite to eat. He plans on coming up tomorrow. What time he'll actually be able to leave we'll find out tomorrow.

So, the only task I got done today was getting the few grocery items that I needed. Although, we could say I "established new relationships" and "maintained previously established relationships". Oh yeah, and how about all the paddling in the paddleboat?? Does that count?? I'm going to say Yes. Days like today are what "It" is all about. Again, thanks to God for my life and the people in it.

Like my youngest brother Dave, who has been in my life for 50 years. Happy Birthday, David. Love you.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment