Monday, September 7, 2009

Sunday 09.06.2009

I slept a little better last night. It was foggy each time I woke; I couldn't see much beyond the end of the dock. I got up about 0900, and the sun was trying to burn through the fog. I changed the bedding, as Dan and I have to leave tonight so we can each work tomorrow.

I dressed, had breakfast, packed up my clothes and other things that were in one of the bedrooms. The fog was lifting, and I was hoping the boat cover would dry off a little before I removed it.

About 10:30 or so I got the boat uncovered and started to warm up the engine, then turned it off while Frank poured two six-gallon containers of gas in. They're heavy, and we were able to do it without spilling ANY into the lake. Frank and I went to the Goodwin Cottage, where Jim, Kris, Ariana, and Polly were on the dock waiting for us.

They got into the boat, Jim got in the water and ski-ed first. He needed a couple of tries, but got up and had a good ride, twice around our end of the lake. The other boaters and jet skis were coming out, and the water was starting to get a bit bumpy.

Frank was next. He bounced right up, and of course was cutting side to side, lifting one ski, then the other, grinning. He had a good ride, too, and we went through some really choppy water. His legs were "rubbery", he said, after we were done. Yeah, I remember that.

One of the times past the JC we saw Dan out working on the dock, and another time by we saw that Dave and Catherine had arrived. We dropped the Goodwin's back at their dock and Frank and I went back to the JC.

Woo Hoo!! It wasn't too long before other guest arrived. Jim, Polly, Jim, Kris, Ariana, Kim, Ollie, Alex, Anne W., Frank, Dan, Dave, Catherine, Michael, and myself. We had a great afternoon with lots of good conversation and food. Dave made a peach cake in the Dutch Oven with the charcoal. Neat way to do it, and it was yummy. Thanks, Dave and Catherine, for bringing your party over to The Lake. A good time was had by all.

Folks started drifting away about 4:30 or so. We cleaned up, put foods away, and I sent Daniel on his way back to Holt about 5:30. Everyone was gone by 6 ish. Frank and I finished up the house, I packed up my foodstuff to take home, and Frank helped me load the car. I helped him (not really) get a kayak out of the shed and down to the lake, and waited to see him paddling around in it. When I left at 7:40, he was grinning, heading out for an adventure.

I had a safe drive home, thank you God, arriving just before 11. Daniel was sleeping and didn't hear me come in. I unpacked the cooler and put dry food away and went to bed myself.

(I wrote this Monday evening...)

Monday is a workday for both of us.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment