Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday 09.12.2009

The usual sleep--hot, cold, hot, cold...Dan got up at 5 and got ready for work. I dozed back off but woke again about 8:00. Hungry, but still tired. After lying there a bit, I decided to get up.

I enjoyed breakfast, and was going to shower, but got back into bed instead. I woke again 10:15 ish. There, that's better.

Now I got cleaned up and ready for the day. I did a few chores before leaving for Michigan Center for my hair cut.

Loretta cut my hair pretty good today, and she washed it afterwards. Much better. Since I was in the neighborhood, I drove by Frank's. He was out in the driveway, as was John. (remember the motorcycle accident over a year ago?)

Frank looked good and was happy to see me, as I was him. John looked good, too. His leg is looking soooo much better. He has gained weight, and walking well. Still in physical therapy, he's doing "work conditioning", with a goal of returning to work in a couple of months. The challenge is that he works outdoors, and everyone--boss, therapists, physicians, and him--are concerned how the cold might affect his leg. But he's in good spirits, recovering even more than anyone had hoped. Thank you for praying for him. It worked!!

Frank was finishing cutting his hair, and I trimmed the back and edges for him. He was asked to work at Allskate this evening. He seemed to be doing well, too.

Back down the street, one of my previous neighbors was out in her yard. (I had taken care of her as a patient, too) I pulled over to say hi, and we visited a few minutes. She's doing well, too. She had me come in and see the progress of the remodeling on the house, and as I left, she gave me a big hug. That's really nice to have that warm response from someone.

I stopped at Meijer to pick up some fish for supper and continued on my way, stopping again at the library in Holt to return what I had finished with.

Back at home I started supper. Dan came in shortly after. After dinner he showered then got on his computer. We chit-chatted a little. He went off to bed about 9:30, and I wrote here.

Tomorrow is a workday for both of us. I'll be going to bed soon, too.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment