Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday 09.05.2009

I didn't sleep much last night. I don't know if it was because Daniel was here in this smaller bed, or if I wouldn't have slept anyway. No matter. It was a beautiful morning, clear sky and ruffled lake, high 50's.

We got up and breakfasted. I walked up to the Property Owner's Association Meeting, primarily to hear what was going on with the beetles in the lake for the invasive Eurasion Milfoil. Of course there were lots of folks there, this being the holiday weekend and such. I found the meeting very interesting, as they covered a lot of different topics and areas of concerns, updating on what's going on and what the status is of projects. That meeting was an hour and a half.

When I got back, Daniel had been to Hale and back getting new pieces and parts for our dock. Tom had come down in the boat and they were visiting. I updated them on the meeting, and we visited some before Tom went on his way.

I was hungry so I fixed myself something to eat. Dan and I talked about dock stuff, and he decided he wanted a few more pieces. I didn't know that he was waiting for me to go with him; I was planning to go back out in the yard and continue/finish my edging project. But, since he had waited...I went.

When we got back, he fixed his food while I went out and got back at it. I worked outside a couple of hours, but I got it finished. The walkways look a lot wider, now that I've reclaimed them from the overgrowth of mosses and grass and stuff. I tried to place the sodlike pieces and chunks in areas where they kind of blend in.

I washed up and took my book out on the glider. The lake was busy, and it was kind of windy, too. I had been out there about a half hour when Dan joined me, then not too long after, Frank and Amy arrived.

Amy stayed maybe a half hour before continuing on to her parents' place in Oscoda. I think she's planning to come back tomorrow afternoon for our party.

As dusk arrived, I saw the fire lit down at the Goodwin Cottage, and we three got ready and walked down.

We had a good time, singing, s'mores, and visiting. We headed back close to 10. Dan went to bed; Frank and I went out for a flashlight walk. Pretty uneventful in the full moon's light. We didn't see anything until back in our yard, where we saw the young rabbit hopping around.

We each got on a computer. Frank has drifted off to bed. I'm going to shower then turn in, too.

Tomorrow, Frank and Jim (the younger) want to water ski. We're going to try to get out about 10 AM if the lake isn't too busy or windy. Right now it's mirror quiet again. And Dave and Catherine are hoping to arrive by noon.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment