Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday 09.04.2009

I woke about 8:30, and laid in bed listening to the sounds of the lake. Birds, chipmunks, ducks, boat motors, etc. It was clear and sunny and hardly a breeze again. There was a light fog on the water when I had gotten up at dawn that was gone now. I must have dozed some, as it was 9:15 or so when I got up.

I wandered around, had breakfast, looked at the computer, and was getting ready to go out for a jog when there was a knock on the door. A neighbor, Janis, with a plate of warm oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm!!!

I had a good jog today. Lots more traffic than during the week, but all were courteous. I came back in, cooled off, and showered. It's almost 3, and I'm hungry again, so I had a snack. That wasn't enough, so I rummaged around and fixed something more substantial.

Now, time to get on a project. Daniel had called a couple of times. Traffic was terrific and he would be arriving between 5:30 and 6.

I got the shovel and started cutting along the sidewalk where the grass and moss have grown over it. In some places it was many inches. I was pleasantly surprised at how wide the cement really is. I was not pleasantly comfortable--in fact, using the shovel really aggravated my breast, which surprised me. So I went in to get the tylenol/motrin and take a short break.

Daniel finally arrived. It was good to see him. He went in and changed, and we started measuring and trying to figure out how we are going to mount the awning over the back deck. He finally decided to chew on it overnight. (whew)

I returned to my sidewalk project. He picked up the pieces of sod/moss and placed them around the yard, as well as swept. It looks so much better.

We went in and caught up. He's on the computer, I wrote here.

Tomorrow we'll decide about the awning.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment