Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday 08.26.2009

I was more tired than I thought--I slept pretty well (even though I awakened several times)--and Daniel's alarm came on at 0500. Ugh. I thought about staying in bed and sleeping, but I knew I would only think about getting up and ready to go. So I got up, too.

I packed and breakfasted; Dan ate and left for work.

I was on the road by 0700. It was lightly raining and gloomy, but the weather channel had shown that the rain was only downstate. I went north, and stopped in to see my cousin Diane before stopping at Meijer for gas and groceries.

It was a nice visit, though brief, and I went on to the store. I took my time shopping, as I was kind of tired of sitting.

I continued on my way, as advised by the GPS. County roads, and absolutely beautiful. The yards with flowers, and the forest with the foliage, was worth the trip. Definitely looking like mid to late summer. I truly enjoyed the car ride through God's world.

I arrived at the Jacque Cabin about 11 or 11:30 or so. I know that after I was unpacked and called Daniel, I wondered if he was at lunch yet.

It was a little breezy, the cool wind making the warm sun only 62 degrees or so. I heard the loons call after a while: it sounds to me like the young one's voice is getting stronger.

I saw the duck family go by with the seven ducklings chirping away. It's amazing how big they've gotten in 2 weeks.

I swept off both the front and back decks, and sidewalks, and had a snack. After I got settled in, I walked down to the Goodwin Cottage to see T & KS and their new vehicle. A beautiful, metallic blue, 2009, Chevy Traverse with light gray interior.

I walked around it before going up to the cottage. Tom met me at the door, and after a bit the 3 of us went out and they showed me the vehicle. Lovely.

We went down to visit Kathy's parents. They Ooooo-d and Ahhhhh-d over it appropriately, then we all went for a ride around the lake. KS and I sat in the "back back" and had a lot of fun checking things out and teasing Tom. (Are we there yet? etc.)

A brief visit back at the McKinstry's, and Tom and Kathy Sue brought me back to the Jacque Cabin. We sat out front on the deck--absolutely beautiful. Still a cooler breeze, though not as windy as it was. They went on back to the GC.

I had my supper, then went outdoors, looking around again and seeing what needs to be done. I took the computer outdoors and enjoyed the twilight while leisurely looking at the emails.

Of course, after a while, it got dark, so I moved inside and wrote here.

Tomorrow I'd like to run; I hope the weather holds out.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment