Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wednesday 08.05.2009

I woke at daybreak, listening and watching, remembering that I was just here two weeks ago. The young loon is larger and looking a bit more independent, and it's voice is a little stonger. The young one is diving more, too. Too cool.

I went back to sleep after the orange-to-pink sunrise over a slightly ruffled lake. Lovely. I was surprised to see that it was 10:30 also.

I got up and had breakfast, acclimating to my surroundings again. Diane was out fishing in the rowboat, so it was quiet inside. She came back as I was looking on the computer and letting my food settle a bit before going out for a jog.

We visited, and I offered her to go with me, riding my bicycle. She thought that was a good idea. I went out and got the bicycle and helmet out of the garage for her.

We warmed up and went out. I had a nice jog/run, and it was just lovely. I enjoyed having someone to have a conversation with.

Back at the Jacque Cabin, we heard Bruce whistling coming up the driveway. We visited a bit while I cooled off, then I excused myself and went in to shower.

After a light lunch, we went down to the Goodwin Cottage to go sailing. Diane and I went out with Bruce on Spindrift, while Jim was out on the Sunfish. The wind was fun, the sun was just right, and a good time was had by all.

We were out about 2 hours, making it about 6 when we came in. Diane and I walked back to the JC, fixing dinner, making phone calls, etc.

After a bit Bruce showed up again; we 3 walked up to the village and back, picking up flashlights and going on down to the GC, where Polly had a fire going.

Tom, Jim, Polly, Ann, Diane, and I enjoyed a lovely fire complete with S'mores. No music, though. I guess we need to bring instruments....

The fire burned down, the guys drifted inside, the girls picked up the outside, and Diane and I headed home in the full moon light.

We had a good walk home, then did a "flashlight walk" along the seawall, seeing a few minnows, a small crayfish and an even smaller crayfish with it.

When we came inside, Diane drifted off to bed, I wrote here.

I spoke with Daniel. He said things have settled down just a bit at work. He was still there at 6:30 when I spoke to him. He didn't call back this evening.

Tomorrow I'd like to do several things; yardwork, speedboat, spending time with people I love. It is so awesome to be here. Thank you, God.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment