Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday 08.25.2009

I could have easily gone back to sleep this morning--in fact, I was several hours into the day before I finally felt "awake".

The shuttle came around this morning and scooped us up and took us over to the hospital. We started out steady, maybe a bit slower paced than usual, and I thought I might be able to leave a little early. I had called a few of my co-workers to come in and cover for me, but they had other things to do. As the afternoon went on, it got busier. I was finishing up the end of the shift when someone called and asked for me to help them get the baby to breast. Sure...

I ended up not leaving until close to 8 pm. God has given me a most awesome gift of being able to get most babies feeding. Not only that, but to be able to be allowed into that personal, intimate time of the mother and the newborn--and sometimes the father is an active participant, too--as the energies meet and recognize and interact... I am humbled and honored and thank and praise the Lord for my life.

So I walk the two blocks to the car, thinking that I'm not going to decide about driving up tonight. I get home safely (thank you God) and visit with Dan. I think I'm going to go tonight. He turns to the weather channel, and I see the line of rain and storms, which I might be able to miss, but probably not. Ick. I don't like driving in rain, or storms, especially in the dark. I change my mind and decide to go in the morning. I can get up with Daniel and leave early. I change into my jammas. Ahh.

I really am pretty tired. So I'll be going to bed soon in hopes of sleeping decently.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment