Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday 08.11.2009

Wow. I slept GOOD last night!! I was surprised, seeing as how it was so humid. But I had the fans moving air around, and it cooled off to 70 degrees, and I was ok. I woke up once and it was clear and starry, then at dawn it was such thick fog you couldn't see out the window. But at 0930 when I woke, it was clear again, 72 degrees, and as the morning went on the humidity decreased. It turned out to be a very pleasant day.

I showered, breakfasted, and wandered around wondering what to do. I turned the fan to the bathroom to dry it out so I could paint in there. I swept the deck, picked up twigs and such, then taped the bathroom to paint. I washed the walls in there, too, and was pleasantly surprised that they weren't as dirty as they looked. Just a little dusty and some cobwebs. I undid the light fixture and washed the globe. I saw my neighbor Mary outdoors and went out to see her, inviting her over to keep me company while I painted.

We had a nice visit while I did a little more than half of the ceiling. She left, and I realized that I was hungry. Daniel called while I was eating. He sounded good. I went back to painting and got it finished, all but the corners and another coat on the trim. I'll do that tomorrow with a 1" brush. It looks so much better.

I went out and sat on the glider, resting, listening, watching. A female duck swam by with a new brood of babies, very small yet. If they were swimming, they were really close to the mom. It looked more like they were on her back. And very soft peeping. Awesome.

I was in the back yard to pick up the rose clippings that I cut the other day when Mary came back to check my work. We went inside for a minute--she said it was very good, and went on home. I put the clippings and other twigs and stuff in the burner out front and had myself a nice fire. It was nightfall by then, and when I finally got the debris cleaned up and settled myself by the fire, the stars were coming out. I enjoyed it.

I broke the fire apart after a couple of hours and put the grate over the top and came inside and wrote here.

I don't know yet if I have to go home tomorrow, or if someone is going to work for me Thursday afternoon. If she does, I don't have to leave until Thursday. We'll see.

Thank you for reading, wish you were here. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment