Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday 08.27.2009

I was sleeping pretty good, looking forward to not being interrupted at 0500 by Daniel's alarm. And then my phone rang. I knew it was the hospital, (at least 99% sure) so I ignored it and tried to relax and get back to sleep. I heard the loons call a couple of times, and drifted back to sleep. The next I woke it was 0900, but I wasn't done sleeping yet. I dozed, then surprised that it was 10:30. Time to get up. And then my phone rang.

Tom called, saying they'd like to come down today instead of tomorrow, and they will be here through the weekend. All Right!! Come on down!

I got up and got myself together, breakfasted, collected my stuff and smooshed the refrigerator around, making room for them. I even moved the car over in the garage.

I was getting ready to go out for a run when they arrived. We visited a little while they unloaded, then they went back to the Goodwin Cottage to greet Bruce and his guests.

I went out for my jog. It was very nice--62 degrees and sunny for the most part, but it did cloud up and get a little breezy later this afternoon. I cooled off, showered, and was just going to get my food together to eat when they came back.

I had my dinner, they prepared and ate theirs, we cleaned up the kitchen, then went outdoors to attack the woodpile next to the house.

We raked, cleaning up an area that was finally dry, and the three of us moved the woodpile in hardly any time at all. Burned the twigs and leaves, cleaned up the cement where the wood was. And behind the wood is a vent thing for the crawlspace, which has a hole in the mesh about an inch in diameter. Aha!! Tom adjusted the cover that was on it to cover the hole. It may just be temporary, but it's ok for now.

While we were out there, Bruce came over and brought us some fresh sweet corn from his garden. Yum!! Thanks, Bruce.

The neighbors were out and we visited with them a bit, and we all walked around this house to check the crawlspace vents. The wind is a bit chilly. We finished up and went inside.

I got my paint stuff out and painted the bottom side of the upper kitchen cabinets. They are so dark that it reflects dark onto the counter. So I painted. Tomorrow I'm going to install a mini fluorescent light under the one in the corner. Then I painted the walls in the hallway again. Everything is looking good, coming together.

We had a quiet rest of the evening, mostly with the computers.

Tomorrow I hope to get the speedboat out and play. If it rains, well, I'm not sure. We'll find something to do, I'm sure. Clean cupboards??

It's so beautiful here. The lake has calmed to mirror, it's 52 degrees.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment