Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday 08.06.2009

I slept Well last night. Woo Hoo!! When I woke it was at least mid-morning; not awakened by the loons calling at daylight. And I felt pretty good. I listened to the boats and jet skis before getting up. It was 10:30 or so when I looked at the clock. I dressed and picked up my room before going into the bathroom. Just as well--Diane had just finished her "turn" in there, getting ready to go fishing.

I ate then went outside to turn the paddleboat over and wipe it off. I was just putting things into the paddleboat when Diane came back in. Lots of little ones, she said.

We went to the GC, where an old friend had stopped in to say Hi, along with her son, on his jet ski. We chatted some before he offered Diane a ride. She came back all smiles. When he asked if I wanted to go, I took the lifejacket as Diane took it off. Woo Hoo!! It was fun!! He knew how to handle the water and the machine pretty good, and he started jumping the smaller waves. I can see how folks might hanker to own one of those things.

We visited down there a bit and had a nice paddleboat ride back. It was time to "do" something around here.

We had both inside and outside chores to do, but first, Diane cleaned the glass in the center door. I had it all streaked up. Window cleaning has never been a talent for me. I even smear my glasses with the spray and cloth from the optician. It takes a couple different times to get my glasses clean. Thank you, Diane. A huge improvement.

She chose to go outside and sweep. I helped her with the furniture, then went in to start vacuuming. When she was done and came in, I was at a point to move furniture, too, and we did the "move-vacuum-replace-the-furniture dance". It was much better than doing it myself, which was on my list to do on this trip up. When we were just about done, I looked up and saw the neighbor Mary sitting on her back porch in the sun, reading. I had a feeling she was out there waiting for me to see her. I decided that a half hour to visit would fit mostly, as we were expecting the Goodwin's to come down for dinner. But people are more important than the task we were doing. Diane and I went over for a visit.

She was happy to see us, and yes she was out there for that reason. She showed us around her yard and sat with her on the front porch until we had to go back.

We were just about done with our tasks when Jim and Polly, then Bruce, arrived. Diane and I put the last few pieces back in place and went out on the front deck.

Dinner was wonderful, as generally happens with us. Tom came in, visiting just a bit before saying goodbye and heading for home.

When we girls finished the kitchen, I went down and uncovered the speedboat to go for an evening ride. All was well with the boat, and as it was warming up, I went back over to get Mary. We had a lovely slow ride around the lake. A bit on the cool side of 60's and a light breeze, we had sweatshirts and long pants on. On August 6 in Michigan. Very strange.

We docked and I covered the boat. The others went on back, and Diane and I stayed out on the deck until the mosquitoes chased me in. By now the moon was up and it was very extremely wonderfully beautiful. I went back outside and we watched the sky. She noticed an odd light in the sky, which started moving, then blinking, then there were other lights moving oddly in the sky and blinking. Very odd.

She's off to bed and I'm writing here.

I have to go downstate sometime tomorrow, as I work Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment