Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday 08.02.2009 Reunion

Dan got up and went to work; I went back to sleep, waking about 0845. Ugh. Time to get up.

I got ready, had breakfast, and headed out to Saginaw area for the Gushen Reunion.

We had a good turnout, maybe 40? I'm not a good judge of "people numbers". The weather was mostly sunny, a light breeze, and low 70's. In the pavilion it was almost cool. I enjoyed visiting with folks I only see once a year and don't know very well. And of course, the wonderful food. Yum.

I had a nice drive home, too, and Daniel had just gotten home, too. He had another very busy day, and was looking at his collection of dark suits, as the Uniform Department doesn't have his suits in yet. Well, they have come in, but they're ill-fitting and he won't accept them. One of the jackets he had was terribly wrinkled; we tried pressing it with a damply wet towel over it for steam, but that didn't work too well. So he wanted to go to Target and get a fabric steamer.

We did, and found one. Next stop, Bob Evans. (I know, I just had a half sandwich and side salad) Then home.

He got the steamer out and started using it, but he had a few other things he wanted to do this evening, so I offered to do the steaming. It was slow, but it worked. The jacket looks very nice.

He spiffed up his shoes, and has been on the phone with tech support for the new telephone he bought for well over an hour to get it set up. I checked email and wrote here, and I'm about off to bed.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to work.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment