Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday 08.31.2009

I felt like I slept pretty good in between periods of wakefulness. Daniel's alarm didn't sound, and I happened to wake up shortly after 5 and woke him up. Of course, that half hour was interrupted, and I went back to sleep after he left. I woke after nine.

I got up, gathering the few things to pack and I realized I was hungry, so I had breakfast. I noticed that the hummingbird feeder was about empty and made food for them. Next, shower.

I turned the water on, and after a few minutes water started spurting out of connection for the shower head!! Whoa!! I turned the water off and saw that the plastic had split. Not to worry--I took what I needed over to the other bathroom and finished showering there.

I finished packing, watered the plants, got the hummingbird feeder down to clean and fill it. When I opened the bottom, there was a live bee inside of it, swimming around. I gave it a fast trip through the garbage disposal.

After hanging the feeder I loaded the car and headed out.

First stop, library. I went in and selected a few books, hoping to read at least one of them.

Next, Meijer. I had to wait in line to fill my water jugs. And 2 others got in line behind me the first person continued filling her jugs. That was a first for me--I've only occasionally seen people using the refill station.

That done, I head north.

I had a very enjoyable drive, and I arrived at the Jacque Cabin a little after 5 pm. Everything looks good, temps 60 degrees, clear and sunny. The lake had a little ripple, then quieted to mirror, then blew up just before sundown. This evening it has settled down again, almost mirror, and I watched the moon come up and Jupiter become visible. The dining room window is perfect for moon watching.

Tomorrow I might start a 2-day project; I have several to choose from. Right after a late morning paddleboat ride. Or jog.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment