Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday 08.10.2009

How lovely to sleep in! Daniel was up sometime before I was. I think I woke somewhere around 8:30. I was getting ready for the day when he said he was going to the clubhouse and sit in the whirlpool for a while. Hey! I'll go with you! So we did, and ended up being in the tub for almost an hour. It was veerrry niiiccce. We showered there then came home.

I was hungry and had my breakfast; Dan was doing whatever he was doing before he ate. I got my things together and got ready to leave. We both ended up leaving just before noon--him to do his errands and me to go north.

I had a good drive, thank you God, and when I got here it was 76 degrees and sunny. And humid. Not much breeze. I got unloaded and was fixing my dinner when the dark cloud came in and it poured straight down for about a half hour. The sun came out again and it was still humid and still.

I had looked for something that Daniel had wanted, not sure if I found the right thing, then went out and checked out the power washer. I think it will do the job on the trailer at the GC, as well as clean the bottom of the speedboat when I get it out. I was getting into the bottom of the vacuum cleaner, getting the crud out of it, putting the new belt on, and it was so humid and still that my glasses had fogged up. Really. And just then the neighbors Steve and Jan pulled up with their pontoon, "You wanna go for a boat ride?" Oooh, yeah. It was just after dusk.

We had a lovely ride around the lake, and it was dark before we were back. It's quiet, warm, clear, humid--just like summer's supposed to be. The thermometer on the tree shows 70 degrees at 10:45 pm.

I'm thankful that God has given me this life, to be in this world, and people I love to share it with.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment