Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday 08.28.2009 Home, for a minute...

I heard the loons calling about 0200--it sounds pretty neat, but kind of creepy/eerie at the same time. I woke about 8:30, dozing and finally getting up about 9:15. It was a cool 50 degrees this morning, and mostly clear, and quiet.



I mounted the under cabinet light and wa-la!! Just what I thought!! It was good. I had breakfast, cleaned up after myself, and took the rowboat down to the Goodwin Cottage for the boys to use. One of them, 8 year old Corey, was all about learning how to row. I took him out, and he was a quick learner; concentrating, smiling. As the sky was starting to cloud up, and the wind picking up, I went back to the JC and brought the speedboat over for anyone to go for a ride. Tom, Bruce, Corey, and I went out. Whee!! I like that boat. We "went fast", turning this way and that. Now Corey's smile was as big as the boat! He went on the tube, but just for a few minutes, and slow. But still grinning.

We picked up KS at the Goodwin dock and went to the other end of the lake and spun around some more before going in. I dropped off Bruce and Corey, hugs all around, and KS got out and rowed the boat back to the JC. They collected their things and went back down to the GC, as Bruce and his guests were leaving. Tom helped me cover the boat. Not too long after that it started raining. Perfect timing.

Tom and I checked out the new Sunsetter awning that Dan and I have to put over the back door/porch. The installation disc was broken, but I called 1-800--- and she walked me through the online access. After looking at that, and looking at where we want to install it, it may be a bit more of a challenge that we first thought. I brought the instruction booklet home for Daniel to look at, and we'll talk about it, figure it out.

I fixed my food and got my things ready to go home for the weekend. I realized that I didn't need to take everything back home, so I picked out what I wanted and put the remaining items away. After eating, I finished cleaning: vacuuming, bathroom, and kitchen. I loaded up and got on my way about 7:15 ish.

I had a safe drive home, thank you God, arriving about 10:30. Of course, Daniel is in bed, sleeping. I don't even think he knows I'm home yet. I think he'll know when I climb into bed... :)

Tomorrow is a work day. I'll get laundry done tomorrow night and ready to go back up either Sunday night or Monday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment