Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday 08.14.2009

I didn't sleep as well as I would have thought, but I was somewhat rested when the lawnmowers woke me at 8:30 ish. I got up and got ready for the day. Daniel had gotten up at 5 and was gone.

After breakfast I got things ready to go to work. I left early to stop at the credit union, then to the uniform sale being held at the hospital as a convenience to staff, with payroll deduction also.
I picked up a couple short sleeved tops to see if I might be a bit more comfortable. I also tried on the next size pants (medium), but they were way too big. The smalls are almost uncomfortable. I don't like this gaining weight thing. I guess I'll continue exercising and watching the caloric and carbohydrate intake. I hope this is not a permanent side effect of cancer treatment or the medications I need to take for the next 4 years.

Anyway, I got to my unit, and all were happy to see me. But I wasn't needed. The person who had covered the morning half of the shift had been put "on call", and the status hadn't gotten passed on to me. I really didn't mind. I had wanted to check out the uniform sale, and needed to do the banking. I visited a bit with my wonderful co-workers before leaving.

While I was in the parking lot I called the doctor's office to see about an appointment for my ear, which was still plugged. Nope, nothing available. I scheduled a time for Tuesday, thinking that if it got worse I'd go somewhere like an urgent care center, and if it was better, I'll cancel. I also scheduled my physical for October, and headed home.

I was hungry, and did the food prep and ate. I also did a load of laundry and rested. Most of the rest of the day.

Tonight, an email came in from Career Quest about my "job application". They have an online assessment for applicants, which I did. It took about an hour and a half, was in 6 parts, including math, english comprehension, logic, and personality traits. I'd like to see how it's scored/weighted, and what it reveals.

Daniel came in after 5 and said he had a good day. He spent the evening repairing a laptop, and has drifted off to bed.

My ear seem to have opened up/unplugged. I'm guarded, thinking that it's better. I hope it is.

Tomorrow is unplanned. Probably catch up on household chores.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment