Saturday, August 8, 2009

Friday 08.07.2009 Home...

I had been sleeping and was "surfacing" when Diane came to the bedroom door and told me that Bruce was on his way over to say goodbye. Oh!! Ok--I got out of bed, dressed, had "my turn" in the bathroom, was just finishing when he arrived.

We had a short visit and he left to be on his way for home.

I breakfasted and gathered up most of my things, as I had to leave today for work on Saturday and Sunday. The weather was cool, just 60, but kept getting better as the day went on. Diane and I went in to Hale, a trash run, hardware store, and she needed a few groceries.

Back at home, Diane went out fishing. I saw the neighbors outside, the ones who offered me the use of their boat lift. I have never met them, so I went outdoors.

Steve and Jan P, very nice folks. We visited a bit, they showed me around their newly remodeled home, and as we were back outside, Diane had come in from fishing and joined us.

Steve and Jan continued on for their pontoon boat ride, and Diane and I went out for a paddleboat ride. We went over to the GC where Polly came down onto the dock. She got a boat cushion and joined us. We went on down around the point of the sandbar, and as we got around on the other side and was coming back, it seemed that we were a bit lower in the water. Hm. And when a boat's wake would come up, we took on a little water in the back corner. Hm again. Polly and Diane splash-bailed the water out, but that didn't seem to help much. We shifted our positions to try to keep the little boat level, but it sure was looking like we had water in the middle/inside of the boat. (This paddleboat is one of the two-piece molded plastic models) We were still able to maneuver. As we went by the McKinstry place we realized it was naptime, so we kept on going. We made it to the GC and got Polly back on the dock, and Diane and I went back to the JC. That little boat was so full of water that we could hardly pull it up into the egress.

Walking around it I saw that there is about a 1/2-3/4 inch hole near the top of the bottom half, up front, which looks manufactured. We pushed the boat out and turned it around, and over the next hour or so, as the water drained out, we pulled it up further and further until we had it tipped up and drained out. I've never had a paddleboat take on water like that. Another new experience!!

Time to eat. Diane put a meal together for us while I finished getting my things together, and I also trimmed up the rose bush next to the back corner of the house.

We ate, I packed the cooler and the other dry foods that I was going to take home. Ready.

On the road about 8. I had a safe drive down, Thank you God, and with the "rest stop" I got home about 11:30. Of course, Daniel was sleeping.

He managed to stay asleep while I brought my stuff into the house and unpacked the cooler.

I needed to get to bed, so I'm writing this Saturday.

Overall I feel pretty good, pesky breast pains, a little tired.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment