Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wednesday 07.01.2009

I think I’m doing better with the Arimidex than the Tamoxifen. I feel like I’m actually resting when I sleep, even though it’s interrupted. And I don’t feel like I’m buried, looking for the surface all the time. That’s a good thing.

Today was slightly breezy at times alternating with the mirror of the lake. It’s so beautiful. I enjoyed watching the loons, the ducks, the blue heron, the hummingbird, purple martins? and the eagle for a great part of the morning. Soooo restful to my soul. There is no way I can thank God enough.

On the way to pacing myself, I took it easy the first part of the day. I went into Hale and sat in the Senior Center parking lot and connected to the internet, picking through email and posting the last few days of blog entries after stopping at the “transfer station” to drop off the trash. I was getting hungry, but on the way home I had a strong telephone signal, so pulled into a parking lot and made a phone call. Geesh.

I had a nice lunch back at the cabin. It looked like the high clouds were breaking up. The jet skis and other boaters came out onto the lake. The temperature was up to a whopping 62 degrees. I have to say I, too, went outdoors, trimming and feeding the plants, sweeping the deck, etc. I looked at that boat cover again—it’s not going to work.

Daniel called and we visited a bit. I had a couple of other phone calls, too, one of them being Polly inviting me down for supper. Cool.

I was going to go out for a paddleboat ride, but the hard things I’ve been stepping on in the carpet were calling for attention. I got scissors and started cutting the shag carpet of the debris. I don’t know what it is (maybe something really gross that has hardened), but I ended up with 2 good sized piles of fuzz. And I found another small gold fish hook imbedded in the carpet. It’s a wonder I haven’t found it before. I have found a couple other of those fish hooks. Scary.

6 o’clock. I got my bicycle out of the garage and rode down to the Goodwin Cottage, where Jim had prepared spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread. Yum! It was nice to visit and share a meal.
I didn’t stay long. I rode back home—and just as I got to the garage door, my foot slipped off the pedal and caught the back of my ankle/lower leg. Ow. I put the bike away and went in to assess the damage.

Lots of abrasions that were bleeding a little. I washed it up and put the triple antibiotic ointment on it. It’s swollen and bruised, too. Looks like a bad shave job.

I got back on the ceiling project. I ended up doing quite a bit this evening, finishing approximately a third of the ceiling. And I washed the walls below where I painted. They were sure dirty and will need another washing yet. I ended up painting and cleaning until maybe 11:30 or so.

I wrote here after cleaning up.

Tomorrow I’ll be leaving late afternoon. I’m anxious to get home and see Daniel.

I work all day Friday, then 3-11 on Saturday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment