Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday 07.21.2009 Ahh, Home

I slept pretty good, listening to the night birds when I was awake. And why do the loons call between 2 and 4 AM? Not that I mind, but I wonder...

This morning was hazy/foggy/misty, pinky orange tones over the lake. Almost surreal looking. I was surprised when the day turned out to be clear and mid 60's.

I got up about 8:45 and started getting ready to go. Not in any hurry, I changed the linens on the bed, showered, and breakfasted. Bit by bit I got finished up. Mary M. came by on the paddleboat to say goodbye, and after that, Mary C. across the road came over to say goodbye. I made my lunch to take with me, finished loading the car, and finally got on the road about 2:15.

I had a safe drive, thank you God, in and out of rainshowers all the way down, getting home shortly after 5. Daniel had just gotten home. He was happy to see me, I was happy to see him. It was good.

By 9:30 I've unpacked, done 3 loads of laundry, and got my things ready for work tomorrow.

I posted a link to the Summer Vacation pics here and in the column on the left. (I didn't edit them or anything, just downloaded)

Tomorrow we both work.

It's good to be home, mostly.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment