Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday 07.14.2009

When I saw the morning it was clear and sunny, with the birdlife and chipmunks making their noises. I laid there for a while listening and watching. Wonderful.

Then I remembered the contractors for the buried telephone line are coming this morning. Time to get up.

I was finishing getting ready for the day when I heard the "beep-beep" of a truck backing up. Yup, it was them. I waited until they were out of the truck and getting oriented to the job before going out and introducing myself.

Tim and Garr did a very good job of doing what they do, and when they left about 3 hours later, in some areas one could hardly tell that the earth had been disturbed. I did my best to stay out of their way, but I did go out and sweep off the garage, the walkway, the decks, and the front of the house. Then I sat on the deck and read.

Even after they were finished and gone, I continued reading. I went down and uncovered the boat and fired it up and let it run a while. I know but maybe next time I'll take it out and try to moor it by myself. It's a little tricky to do by oneself.

I enjoyed it out there in the sun, then as it moved into the trees, the dappled sunlight. Even though it was only about 74 degrees, it's the warmest it's been in a few weeks. The sun was hot and not much wind today. Finally.

I read most of the day. "The Horse Whisperer". What a story.

After I finished the book I made some phone calls then went for a walk. At the end of the driveway I stopped: sometime during the day the road had been sprayed with something to keep the dust down. The road was dark, wet-looking. I hope it's not toxic stuff. Then I hear something from the neighbors: they are fogging their yard with (probably) bug stuff. I hope those bugs don't come over here.

I talked to Daniel this evening. I miss him, and it was good to hear him.

I painted more of the ceiling in the front room. I should be able to finish it the next time. What a nice difference.

I wrote here, and I'll be going to bed.

Tomorrow I may paint more, and I need to go into Hale for a trash run.

Hope all is well with you.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment