Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday 07.19.2009

What a beautiful day!

I got up this morning to sunny skies and a not-so-windy lake and 50 degrees. Looking out the side window, the loon family was here (in the water) near shore. Two adults, one young 'un. I've seen them feeding the little one, but today, the little one is allowed to dive on it's own. When it went under water, the adult birds would either stick their head under and watch or dive down with it. And if the young one came up with something in it's bill (?)/mouth, it swam to each of the adults and put it near their mouth before eating it. Like it was showing them what he got, and making sure it was ok to eat. Fascinating.

I had my own breakfast, then got on the road to go to Aunt Lois' house for Aunt Donna's 80th Birthday Party.

I had a safe drive down and back, thank you God, and a wonderful time there. It was good to see all those who were there, and seeing the elders looking, well, elder, is a reality check. Yes, I know, it's part of life. I'm thankful to have been able to hug them all today.

Back at the lake about 8:30, it was gloomy, and rained for a brief time.

Tomorrow I'll get mostly ready to leave, as I return to work Wednesday. *sigh*

I've had a great 10 days here, so far.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment