Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sunday 06.28.2009

I slept last night, but sure wasn’t ready to get up at 0430. I felt like my brain was being pulled from it’s vacuum-packaging. Ugh. After a few deep breaths and attempts at consciousness, I made it. Daniel was still sleeping, sounding like he was still in the vacuum. He surfaced about 2 minutes before his alarm came on.

I left and had a safe drive down, thank you God.

The hospital was either busy or understaffed on the other floors, as 3 staff from our floor had to “float” out. Not a popular option. Our floor was nicely manageable, and after our discharges we had to staff down another one of us in my job role. No such luck—another one of us had to “go out” and cover the other unit’s lunches. Since I had gone not too long ago, the other girl went, saying that if she got sent back I could go home. Very generous of her.

3 of our girls were released from the other areas about 2:30. We shifted our staffing around, they changed into hospital scrubs (the other units are considered “dirty” and we are a “clean” unit), reported off, and those of us who were leaving, did. I clocked out 3 pm. Whew.

I got home and started turning things around to go up north. Changed clothes, went to the library to return and pick up materials. Back home, I loaded my bicycle into the van. I got the other items on my list collected, all but the food. I had plenty of time for a nap. I rested for about a half hour, enough to feel somewhat refreshed.

I made my sandwich to eat on the road, along with an apple and a few chips and packed the cooler and dry foods. Loaded up, on my way.

First stop, Meijer, to pay the bill. The person at the service desk listened to why the card number was not active, clicked around on the computer screen, and “no problem”. Cool. Thank you.

I had an uneventful drive, stopping when I wanted, lingering if I felt like it, arriving at the Jacque Cabin about 11:30 pm. I saw one deer go across the road, and a couple other on the side, and several in the fields. Thank you God for keeping me safe.

All was well inside the Cabin, and I got unloaded. I’m surprised at how “buggy” it is outdoors. The temperature was mid 60’s and the lake mirror still. I finally turned in about 12:30.

Today was the first pill of the Arimidex, an aromatase inhibitor which inhibits the amount of estrogens being produced. Doctor Williams felt that my hormone levels are such that I am now “menopausal”, therefore can switch from the Tamoxifen, which is an estrogen receptor blocker. After reading the side effects of the Arimidex, it makes me wonder, but I’ll try it. So far, so good.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment