Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday 07.25.2009 Happy Birthday To Me....

I didn't sleep too well, that is, until after Daniel left at 0530. Then I slept until 0900.

As I was thanking God for my life and this day (morning prayers), my phone rang with the first of many good wishes I received throughout the day today. I am truly blessed.

I went out for a jog today. When I started out, the roads had dried from the rain early this morning. It was cloudy, and as I was out the clouds got darker and the wind picked up. As I was cooling down the last block to home the rain started. At first, I thought "shoot, it's raining", but the rain was warm and it was kind of nice. I would have liked to have had someone to walk in the rain with...

I came in and cooled off, then showered. I went over to the library then to the auto parts store for windshield wiper blades. This Pontiac G6 has atypical blades that are 1.) expensive and 2.) hard to find. I spent an hour on the internet looking for them at other than the dealer for $35 apiece. Our local CarQuest store was shown to have them.

In fact, they had two models with a $5 difference in price, each blade. The first set the helpful guy put on were $17 for one and $22 for the other. Geesh. Then the other person in the store, the manager, was looking at the old ones and asked were the ones I just paid for like these? The guy said no, and the manager got on the computer for the part number, went to the display, and got the type that were like the old ones. Those, he said, would be $6 more. Ok, I said. And by the way, it's my birthday. How about marking them down for me?? He said he did, that's why it's only $6 more. Ok, I said. He told the first sales guy to change them out while he finished the paperwork. After a minute, he handed me the receipt. "There you go," he said, "I just made it an even exchange." Wow!!! Thanks!! "Happy Birthday", he said. I thanked him again and left.

I looked at the receipt after I got in the car. Those wiper blades retailed for $70; I paid $39. Daniel said they're $80 at the dealer. Geesh. I hope they last about 10 years...

I went on to Meijer for groceries and did well there, too. No great markdowns or discounts, just ok prices.

Daniel was home when I got home. He helped unload groceries and put them away, then we went to Finley's for Birthday Dinner. It was good, and we enjoyed each other's company.

Daniel is on his way to bed, and I wrote here.

No plans for tomorrow, yet.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment