Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday 07.18.2009

I did pretty good today. Slept fair and was only awake for about an hour about 4 AM, then woke again about 9. I watched the lake for a while, and was surprised that when I looked at the clock again it was after 10. Time to get up...

I did, and had a slow morning. I breakfasted and had coffee, and was just going to get my running things on when there was a knock at the door. Jim came in.

And several beats behind him were my niece and her family: Amber, Scott, Gianna, and Shealyn. And Polly, too. Wow! What a nice surprise!

They are camping in Glennie and were in Long Lake where Jim and Polly found them and brought them over. We had a nice visit.

After they left, I needed to go into Hale for a trash run and to get fruit for the party tomorrow. Those things done, there was a youth group doing a car wash for donations. I let them wash my car, then came back home.

I put things away, fixed food and ate. Daniel called and we visited. He sounded good today. We finished our conversation and I got ready and went out for a jog. It was good.

I came back in, cooled off, showered, had a snack, read a little, and wrote here.

The temps today stayed cool--60 at the lake and 63 in Hale--and the wind was still doing it's crazy pattern of variability.

Tomorrow I'm going to Flushing for the day. I feel kind of "funny" about being almost home, and not going home, but I've got a couple days yet, and I need to clean here before I leave. I didn't want to spend today cleaning and packing and loading and stuff.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment