Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday 07.11.2009

Another lovely day!! I went to bed and slept pretty good, until the lightning seemed more frequent. I kept waiting for it to blow and thunder and rain, (so I could get up and close the windows) but it only did a heavy sprinkle for a short time, and what little breeze did move through settled back down to a mirror lake. And I was uncomfortably warm. Then slightly cool, then warm again. Even with the ceiling fan on it felt stuffy or something. I was awake from 3 til about 5, dozing again until I got up around 8:30 or so.

I washed up, had breakfast, read some, putzed some. The temperature was already at 70 at 10 o'clock. About noon I went out and uncovered the boat, getting ready for the day. I walked down to the Goodwin Cottage to see how their day was going and when they'd like to go out in the boat. Turns out they were just finishing lunch dishes and thought that boating would be a good thing to do.

As it was, we were out on the water about 2 pm. There were others out, too--wakeboarding, tubing, jet skiing, pontooning, speedboating, sailiing--and the wind was variable, sometimes blowing up whitecaps.

We had a good time, Jim III waterskied, Kris tubed, then Jim and Ariana got on the tube. She's just 2 1/2, but I went very slow and near as I could to shore (100 feet) where it wasn't quite so rough, and she ended up falling asleep. Funny thing was that she woke when we stopped at the dock. And was smiling.

We went up on the deck, and my company arrived at that time. My good friend Vonnie is here for a few days with me. Hugs all around, we visited, the Goodwins walked on back, and we got Vonnie unloaded.

We spent the rest of the evening talking, we fixed dinner and ate, washed up, and as it was nearly dark, we took the flashlights and went out for a walk. That was fun. We heard something rustling and finally found it on the way back. A young/baby skunk!!! We girls laughed and quickly backed away and left the interrupted creature alone.

We then went down to the water and spotted a crayfish, and looked around the perimeter of the house. The stars were out by the millions. So cool.

Not sure what's on the list for tomorrow. Boating? Sunning? Swimming?? We'll see what the weather does.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment