Sunday, July 5, 2009

Saturday 07.04.2009

It was nice to not get up at 0430 today. I woke around 0530 for biologic purposes then went back to bed. I expected Daniel would be home around 8; he didn't get in until almost 9. I got up shortly after with sinus pressure. Ick. I took a claritin, then tylenol/motrin.

I did a load of laundry, had breakfast, paid bills. I was just finishing that when Dan got up (it was about noon). We visited some, then it was my turn to get ready for work.

An uneventful drive down, thank you God. I walked across to the hospital.

We had a nice afternoon/evening with a good group of co-workers. And after an 8 hour shift that felt like 12, it was time to go.

I walked back over to the car and reach for the key. Uh oh. Where is it? You know, I don't remember having it this morning... I looked inside the car. Yup. There it is, right in the ignition. With the doors locked.

Hm. When Daniel went to sleep this morning he turned off his phone, and I know he's asleep now. I wonder if he turned it on this afternoon. I called.

It rang then went to voice mail. I called again. He answered. Whew.

"Baby, guess what I did," I told him. I don't think I've ever done that before. When I told him, he wasn't upset at all. He got the other key fob and put it to his cell phone. I held my phone down be the car. Nope, didn' t work. I have co-workers that have done that successfully, so I know that it really does work. Hm. He said, "I have to get dressed; I'll be right down."

Thank you, Dan.

I went back over to the hospital and into the cafeteria and had my supper that I didn't have the opportunity to enjoy earlier. I had just finished when he called and said he was here.

He unlocked the car and handed me the key and we came home.

Daniel had hit a skunk on the way down; boy does the car smell.

He went right to bed. I wrote here. I'll be going to bed soon.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment