Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday 07.27.2009

This extra day off was just what I needed. (My schedule was changed from Mon/Tues to Tues/Wed) I was awake most of the night again, flip-flopping like a fish on the dock. I slept a little this morning, getting up a little after 9.

I breakfasted, read a little, then went outside for a jog. Came in, cooled off, showered, fixed food and ate, then took the van to Discount Tire, as the 2 right side tires were losing air, and Daniel had been there in March to have them looked at/serviced/or whatever they do to tires.

I had made an appointment on the internet, and when I got there I told the guy I had an appointment at 3:45. He busied himself with the computer and documentation and such, and told me I would be there approximately 45 minutes to an hour. I was kind of surprised, but I said again something about having an appointment, and that I would be out in the van for a while. (because there were 2 young children running around, climbing on everything, with the adults being loud to them, etc... not pleasant) After maybe a half hour their vehicle was done and they left. I went inside to the air conditioning to wait.

My vehicle finally was brought in. It turns out that one of the rims had corrosion that interrupted the seal, and the other tire had a staple in it that they removed and repaired. When they brought the van around, there was one other customer left. I approached the salesperson who had checked me in and asked him if it was typical to wait like that for an appointment. He looked at me like I was from another planet, got on the computer to see the appointment schedule, and fell all over himself apologizing for not realizing I had an appointment. He promised to "make it up to me" next time I come in. ooookaaaay. Like he's going to remember. It really wasn't a big deal, other than the naughty adults and kids. After they left, I did some reading. I was glad I had the time to take care of the vehicle maintenance.

Daniel was home when I got there. He had another very busy day as they gear up for the Opening, the first week of August. We visited a bit, I did a little more food prep for my work days, he worked on the employee schedules. After a while he drifted off to bed.

Tomorrow is a workday for me, too. I do hope I get a nap tonight, at least.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment