Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday 07.20.2009

Hey--I finally slept good!!!

I was soo tired last night I went to bed at 10:30. I woke at 12:30, and then again at 4 ish. I listened to an owl before going back to sleep. Next wake up was a little after 10. Wow!! And I felt rested! Finally.

After getting up and wandering around, I saw that it was 65 degrees and clear skies, very light breeze. I decided to go out in the paddleboat after breakfast. I took my coffee with me, and had a very pleasant ride with Mary M., KS' mom, who was just coming up to my dock as I was getting my paddleboat ready. I shoved off, and we each rode our own boats down another point then back to her place. She moored, we said our goodbyes, and I came back to home. I floated around the back of the speedboat to make sure all was well with the prop and lower unit and such; it seemed to be. I pulled the paddleboat way up into the egress and I'll turn it over later.

I had been out over 2 hours. I had some water before a quick trip into Hale.

Back from there, I had a light lunch before going out to burn the leaves we had raked up last weekend. I put the sticks and twigs then larger branches in the burner, put a few leaves in it, and had a one-match fire with no paper. Ha! And wouldn't you know, the wind started to pick up.

I burned anyway, watching it carefully, and got it all burned, then put the grate on the top while it smoldered itself out. The neighbors were out, too, and he helped me flip the paddleboat over. So much easier with two people.

I walked around outdoors and made sure everything was done, then went in. I fixed my supper and ate that, looked at email, and before long, Daniel called.

He sounded tired again tonight.

I finished up my evening picking up and packing some things to go home. I finish up after breakfast and get on the road.

The wind has quieted down again, and I'm not far from bedtime myself.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment