Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday 07.17.2009

I was awakened about 0300 by the noisy loons. They were real close, and making a lot of noise. I looked out, but even with dim moonlight I couldn't see anything. Geesh. (I do love listening to them, though) I didn't go right back to sleep, though. I think I laid awake for an hour or so. Hot, then cold. I will say the extremes of the temperature highs and lows are better. I finally dozed off just as the morning birds started calling.

I woke again about 9. I got up, because Tom and Kathy Sue were planning to arrive about 10 to the Goodwin Cottage, and I wanted to visit.

KS called at 10 saying they were in town, and she was over to the Jacque Cabin about 10:40 or so. I had just finished my breakfast.

We visited--it was good to see her. And Polly came over, too. It was nice that "we girls" had a place to be while the three brothers could be together. After a while, we girls went into Long Lake to a little shop, then they dropped me at the JC while Polly and KS went on back to the GC.

The weather was high 50's, overcast, and trying to drizzle. I read a bit, then walked down to the GC. I loitered there for a while. Bruce left for home about 5, T & KS left about a half hour or so later. They brought me back to the JC so I didn't walk home in the rain.

Not too long after I got back Daniel called. He sounded better today. He had been busy still at work, but he said that the day was more controlled.

I had my supper, then got to painting. I finished the ceiling in the front room!!! Yippee! It looks so much better, even with just a coat of the Kilz stuff on it. It certainly needs another coat of real paint, but one thing at a time.

Tomorrow I need to get fruits for the party in Flushing on Sunday. We'll be celebrating our Aunt Donna's 80th birthday. Amazing, isn't it??

I have much to be thankful for.

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment