Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday 07.10.2009

Today when I got up I saw that it was almost 10. I slept somewhat better because I didn't drink as much as I would have liked, therefore not getting up for "biological" breaks.

After breakfast I read a bit, then went out for a jog. When I got back, I stopped at Mary's house across the road to check on her.

We visited for just a bit longer than I wanted to, but all we have is now, so I enjoyed it. She hadn't taken more than the one dose of motrin last night, and wasn't feeling too good. I encouraged her to take the motrin, and tylenol, if she wanted to, around the clock, for comfort and healing. She said she was going into Hale and declined my offer to go with her.

I went in and showered. That felt good. Then I was hungry again, so I had a snack, knowing that dinner wasn't too far away. I putzed around outside, sweeping and such, then walked down to the Goodwin Cottage.

On the way there, one of the neighbors "down the line" hailed me. She looked at me, and after just a brief exchange, she said, "You're....Kathy.....Goodwin" I was amazed. Yes, I am, I responded. She said she was Jan Hill, and introduced me to her husband Jim. Wow. I didn't recognize her, and I'm not sure I even knew who she was way-back-when. You know, in the Old Century. When I was an elementary school kid. But she knew me. And Daniel, and his siblings. We chit chatted for a bit before I went on my way.

Tom had already left for home; I was disappointed that I missed him. But, thank you, anyway, Tom, for helping with the boat yesterday.

I visited with Polly and Jim a bit before going back.

I fixed my food and ate, then went over to check on Mary again.

She said she was feeling much better after meds and a nap. I encouraged her to continue the meds for the next few days. We visited a bit before I went on back to the GC, as Jim III, Kris, and Ariana had arrived. I visited with them until their dinner was almost ready, then left for my place.

I decided to paint more on the ceiling, and had gotten a good piece done, when the phone rang. Come on down for a fire.... Ok, I said. I'll come down when I get to a stopping point....

I got a small chunk painted and put my stuff away, washed up and changed clothes. I decided to drive down there.

We had a nice fire, with fiddle, vocals, rhythm, and smores. I enjoyed it.

The mosquitoes were hungry too, and by 10:45 we broke the fire down. I came home and wrote here.

There are a couple of large groups this weekend--two houses down from me are at least 4 tents, a travel trailer, and a pop-up camper. Halfway to the GC there are 2 pop-up campers, at least 1 tent, and they rented a port-a-potty for their group. (It's all septic around here, and that lot is especially low) It's great to hear people having a good time without being stupid.

I wrote here and will be turning in. Tomorrow (young) Jim III would like to water ski, Kris might like to tube, and I also have a guest arriving. Let's hope for good weather.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment