Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday 07.03.2009

I was pleasantly surprised when the radio came on this morning that I felt almost rested. I was a little slow getting ready, especially when Daniel is up and getting ready, too.

I had an uneventful drive down, thank you God, in the G6. So different than the van. I parked and walked across the road.

We had a fairly good day with a good group of co-workers.

My phone rang about 9 this morning--it was the service technician for the internet service. He needed to get inside and wondered if anyone was there. I got his phone number, called Jim who said he'd go over to the Jacque Cabin, and called Bob back. After several phone calls back and forth to keep me updated, it was determined that the telephone line had been struck by lightening some time after the phone was gone and there was no dial tone. Equipment was checked, a "temporary drop" was installed, and wa-la! internet service. Some time (next week?) the crew will be out to run a new underground service. Big thanks to Jim for participating in that.

I finally got to leave after a long shift. Daniel was already home when I got there close to 8pm. He had been trying to rest before going in for the midnight shift tonight. I don't think he rested much. We visited a bit before he left for work.

I had a snack and wrote here.

Tomorrow I work second shift, 2:30-11 pm. The good part is that I can sleep in the morning.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment