Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday 06.17.2009

I was glad to go back to sleep after Daniel got up. I didn't hear much after he got into the bathroom; it was 0620 when the pouring rain woke me. I closed the window--mostly--it didn't appear to be windy--and went back to bed. The radio came on at 0900.

Ugh. Facial pressure again. Into the shower where the warm water helped the sinuses. Tylenol and motrin for general discomfort, and I wanted to feel halfway decent for the appointment with Dr. Williams.

I got there, signed in, and Latia called me back. The scale showed #156.6 today. It's 0.2 pounds above last time, but I didn't recheck with shoes off like I did before. So I guess it's stable. 113/63 84 97.8. Doctor will be right with you. Ok, thanks Latia.

And he was, not more than 5 minutes later.

Dr. Williams was very personable again today, and took his time with me. The bone scan showed "slight increased activity suggestive of minor/early degenerative changes" in both shoulders and both hips. The CT scan showed the soft tissue changes of the left breast, and nothing "new, additional, or significant" that needs anything more than routine post cancer treatment followup.

Whew.

He brought up the hot flashes, and said the blood work indicates that I am menopausal, and offered that I could switch from the tamoxifen to the aromitase inhibitor Arimidex. He was very patient with me, answering my questions, waiting while I searched for the words to ask him. My brain felt slow, but I was able to communicate what I needed/wanted to, and in the end I agreed that changing over would be ok. He wrote that prescription for me.

Then he asked about the lymphedema.

I told him about the therapy place not having record of a new prescription; he said there's no reason why someone couldn't have continued therapy for a chronic condition. ( !! I was excited to hear that...) He wrote a new prescription for that, too.

He'll see me again in 6 months, after a mammogram in mid November. I made an appointment for December 2 to see him, and for labs to be done on November 20 or something, paid the $10 copay, and left. Half way to the car I remembered that I didn't get a copy of the scan reports, so I went back in. The lady behind the desk said no problem, have a seat, I'll get them for you. And she did. A few minutes later I was back outdoors.

Exhale. Thanks, you all, for going with me.

Next stop, Meijer.

I got the things on my list, taking my time. But I realized I was hungry and ready for lunch. I checked out and headed home.

I unloaded the groceries and had a snack, as Daniel would be home in a couple hours and would be ready to eat, too. So when he called to say he was on his way home, I started dinner.

Daniel got home, we ate, and visited, catching up on each other's days. After I cleaned up the kitchen, Dan was trying to keep his eyes open, but went in to lay on the bed. And he fell asleep, soundly, until I woke him at 10 when I remembered that he needed his evening meds.

Daniel is off tomorrow and will be able to go to the financial planning appointment in the afternoon with me.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment