Friday, June 26, 2009

Thursday 06.25.2009

Another Beautiful Day!!!

It was warm in the front bedroom through the night, even with the air conditioning and fans to push it around. It’s fair to say that the front bedroom is the farthest away, and around a corner. Daniel turned in about 10, I laid on the couch (where it was cooler) for an hour or so before going into the bedroom.

I woke a couple of times, and when it was a little after 5, I put the earphones in and listened to the radio and dozed. When I surfaced and realized it was after 8, I also noticed that Daniel was not it bed.

I found him in the living room, sleeping in the recliner with the lamp on. So he must have gotten up before it was completely light outside.

It was quiet outdoors again, but this morning was high overcast, almost gloomy, and 70 degrees.

After breakfasting, Daniel went out and started shoveling sand into a wheelbarrow to move to the front, behind the seawall where it had settled. I took Tylenol/motrin and waited for it to work. He moved maybe 5 loads of sand before calling it quits.

He washed up, had a snack, and took his laptop in the car to find an internet connection. When he got back, he was very disappointed that his computer would not connect anywhere, even at the known “hot spots”. I went out for a paddleboat ride.

Mirror water. I enjoyed my ride immensely, stopping at the Goodwin Cottage to visit. Jim and Polly weren’t there, but neighbors were, and I visited with them. One of them (the woman) had caught a 30 inch catfish last night. No kidding. He lifted it up and showed me. Ewwww.

Just as I was thinking I was ready to go back home, Polly came out. We visited some before I left and she went in for lunch.

Daniel and I talked about the internet connection and decided to look into buying our own connection. I made a couple of phone calls, and we’ll have service next week, starting July 2. Woo Hoo!!

I had lunch out on the front deck with the binoculars, watching the loon diving and wrestling with a fish. That was pretty cool. Then I saw an eagle. The eagle circled around a couple of times. I called out to Daniel to come look. We watched as the eagle swooped down and picked up a fish. I’m thinking it was the fish that was too big for the loon. That was awesome.
When I was done, I went out and got on the shovel. I spread out what Daniel had moved there. It was a bit of a strain on my arm/shoulder, but I took my time, stopping and waiting a few minutes before starting in again. Done!!. And dripping wet.

Back inside, I turned on the air. Daniel was napping in the recliner. Ahhh.

I washed up, and before long it was time for supper. Daniel fired up the grill and put our meat on while I set the table and got the veggies together. I had invited Jim and Polly over for shortcake, so after clearing the table I got that mixed together and put into the oven. I went outdoors to the rhubarb patch, selected a few stalks, cut them up, put them in a pan with a bit of water and a snitch of sugar. I washed the dishes, took the shortcakes out of the oven, stirred the rhubarb, and they arrived.

We enjoyed our fresh fruit shortcake—Daniel just had strawberries, the rest of us had both—out on the deck. Lovely.

We visited a bit, watched Jim’s soccer compilation, (which was quite good) and they left.

Daniel watched a movie, I finished the kitchen, and returned a phone call, then walked to the Goodwin Cottage to give them a message.

It was dusk when I got back, and I showered. Daniel turned in about 10. I wrote here.

Tomorrow we’ll be leaving to come home.

Temps today showed 80 on the tree, and 70 tonight. It feels like the humidity has dropped a little.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment