Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday 06.04.2009

What a glorious day! I slept as good as I do, heard the loons calling this morning, briefly. I listened to the radio for a short bit and dozed off to sleep again. I was surprised when I got out of bed, wandered around a minute, and saw that it was 10 AM!!

The sky was clear, sunshine, the lake mirror. Absolutely Beautiful. Warming, but still cool with frost on the windshields. I got myself ready for the day, breakfasted, baked some muffins to warm up the house a little, cut up fruits, made coffee.

I wanted to walk down to the Goodwin Cottage to visit before getting started on my projects for the day. I looked over there—Ann was getting on the paddleboat. I went in and used the restroom, picked up my water and looked out again. She was coming my way. I went down on the dock to greet her. I came back up, got a boat cushion, and we paddled around and back over to her dock (which is right next door).

We had a nice visit. Tom took Kathy and me back to my place via his boat. So pleasant on the quiet water.

On with my project.

I pulled the speedboat out of the garage as far as the cement apron would allow, hooked up the hose, and got started. I washed and waxed the outside of it, which took me all afternoon. But I got it done. And swept the garage out, pushed the boat back in, swept the outside of the garage (cobwebs and bugs and such), swept the back of the house off, picked up after myself.

It was seven pm when I came in for my supper. I heated up a meal that I had brought from home and enjoyed that after I washed up. I gathered a flashlight, warm jacket, and a water, and headed down to the Goodwin Cottage.

Little did I know that they had called to tell me they were having a fire. Perfect. My phone connection is intermittent and unpredictable here.

We enjoyed the fire and the company. Shortly after nightfall, the bats started coming from Anne’s roof. We shone the flashlights there to see just where they were coming from. I guess Don and Tom are going to Great Foam the gaps in the near future.

It was time for me to head home. Kathy Sue and I walked along, listening to the very loud frog noises. She walked me halfway. The moon was bright so it wasn’t real dark.

When I got in, I went down on the dock with the flashlight. Lots of fish swimming around in there; I saw smaller ones, but the bigger ones were jumping and feeding.

The rest of the evening I had a snack and wrote here.

Tomorrow I’m not sure what I’m going to do. The weather is predicted to be low 70’s and just as beautiful. We’ll see. I have to go home tomorrow evening, too.

My shoulders are pretty sore, but I expected that. Tylenol and motrin are my friends.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to know that some things just don't seem to change. The lake,the sun, the fire, the walk home in the moonlight. Ahhh.... life is good, is it not?

    ReplyDelete