Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday 06.21.2009 Father's Day

Daniel got up and went to work while I stretched out and went back to sleep. Ahh. I woke about 9 and got up.

I showered, had breakfast, went to Meijer. Got home and put groceries away then took the van to Jackson. Frank and Amy met me on the south side of town to help me pick up a Technics electric piano!! We didn't have any trouble at all getting it out of the person's house and into the van. Amy rode back to Holt with me while Frank drove her car. We got the instrument out of the van and gave it a good cleaning before bringing it upstairs.

I did food prep while they cleaned it--potato salad, cut up fruit for shortcake. They brought it up and placed it into "my" room and fooled around with it. It's very nice.

Dan got home and we finished putting dinner together. Frank and I went out and cooked on the grill while Dan and Amy did vegetables and set the table. Dinner was yummy.

I cleaned up the kitchen, visited a bit, and Frank and Amy left. Then I went in and played with my new instrument.

It's cool. It's been a long time--maybe 30 years?--since I've looked at music to play it. It took a little, but it started to come back. I want to go to the storage unit and get my music, but I've got other things to do and won't be able to really spend some time with it for several weeks yet.

We've done a couple of loads of laundry this evening, getting ready to go north either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. I'd like to go Tuesday, but we'll see how we do.

We both work tomorrow (Monday) and Tuesday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment