Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday 06.14.2009 Flag Day

One of the times I was awake during the night, of course I looked outside. The mirror-quiet lake with the reflection of the moon. Totally awesome. That, and the nightsounds, is one of the things the lake is to me.

When I woke to start the day, it was about 8:30. Still no breeze; there were boats on the lake, fishing. Lovely.

I got up and started getting things ready to go home.

I had breakfasted, changed the linens on the bed, and vacuumed throughout, just getting ready to go out to the garage to finish the boat project when, knock, knock. Tom G.

We visited a bit, then went out to the garage while I finished putting things away in the boat, as well as applying a water-repellent product (like Rain-X) to the glass. Finally finished! If I may say so myself, it looks reeeaaal good. I swept out the garage again. I tipped the paddleboat over and brought the oars into the garage.

Now, back to finishing the inside.

Cleaned the kitchen, made my lunch to take with me, packed the food, loaded the car. I hate leaving, especially when the weather is so nice, though thunder is rumbling and the wind is picking up. It's going to rain somewhere...

First stop, Goodwin Cottage. I said goodbye to Tom. Don, and Anne. After a brief visit I went on to see Keith and Mary McKinstry (KS's parents). They were doing well; I stayed about 20 minutes or so, finally getting on the road just after 4 pm.

I had a good drive home. I didn't get into rain, really, just a few glops on the windshield, and in the Standish area the roads were wet. I got home without incident, thank you God, shortly after 7.

Daniel had gotten home from his weekend event about 5:30, so he was unpacked and settled in. He helped me carry my things in (he's a good man) and we talked pretty much the rest of the evening.

I've done 2 loads of laundry tonight. Tomorrow is a workday for both of us.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment