Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday 06.26.2009

Gosh, can we be any more blessed?

The sun rose over the lake, a light wind changing the surface of the water. By 8:30 the wind was blowing pretty good with whitecaps at intervals and temps about 70. Daniel wasn't in bed when I woke up, and I found him sleeping in the recliner again. He said the sun woke him. He had already had breakfast.

I got ready for the day and had my breakfast, choosing things to take home, which to leave, as I'm returning Sunday night or Monday, depending.

Daniel got involved in taking the dehumidifier apart to try to repair it, coming to the conclusion that mechanically it appears fine so it must be an electrical/computer/circuit board problem. I went in the front bedroom with the shop vac and cleaned the brick wall (which previously had some kind of heat source like a wood or gas stove--there is no hearth). Dan came in and helped move furniture which we ended up repositioning in the room. It was a good thing to do. It always amazes me how much dust/dirt/cobwebs accumulate.

I finished washing the dishes, cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, vacuuming, and packing. Dan carried things to the car and we loaded up and left by 1 ish.

We stopped at the Goodwin Cottage to say good bye and to flip the sailboat into the water. We visited just a few minutes and were on our way before 2.

A good drive home, thank you God. We stopped in Standish for fuel for both vehicle and humans. We had a yummy lunch at PQ Stadium Pizza. I love to eat there.

Lots of northbound traffic with campers, trailers, bicycles, boats, off road vehicles, etc. That was good to see, what with the economy and all.

We got home about 5. Breon had just arrived and was opening the garage door. We pulled in and the three of us unloaded the car. We unpacked and visited before leaving for Kim's in Springport for Kayla's 18th birthday party. I put a load of laundry in the washer.

That was nice. She had lots of friends stop by. We left there about 8:20, getting home at 9. Bre went on her way. Dan and I finished unpacking and getting turned around for our workdays tomorrow.

It's good to be home. The first load of laundry is dried and folded; I'll do another tomorrow night. I'm eager to get back to the lake.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment