Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday 05.05.2009

The radio came on to wake me--I was sleeping and had half a mind to call and see if all staff was needed. No, I didn't. I got up and got ready to go.

I was about halfway to Jackson when my phone rang. Hm?? It was the day shift manager. Oh, she said, you're on the road?? (Well, yes, it's 5:55...) Yes, I said, about half way. Why?? I asked. She replied that she wanted to put me "on call", but since I was already traveling, she asked for my input. Hm. I thought about it for just a moment. Not quite halfway, and here is the Leslie exit coming up. I told her I could turn around here, and she thanked me. (Budget conscious, you know?? Everything is about bottom line.) So, I exited, turned around, and headed home.

Dan was still sleeping, so I wrote him a note and quietly went up to the loft and snuggled myself on my sofa. I went back to sleep.

I heard him moving around and dozed back off. When I woke, it was about 9. And very quiet.

Dan had left me a note that he had gone golfing. Oh. Ok.

Let's see. I'm hungry. I changed clothes, emptied the dishwasher then had a bowl of cereal. I checked email, then decided to take advantage of being rested by thoroughly cleaning the foyer. It was so nice out--I put the bench outdoors and the plant and rug, shop vac'd everything, fixed a bucket of water and started washing. Handrail, stairway moldings, marks on the walls, both doors/both sides, and the floor. Then put it back together.

My "new normal" these days is ease of perspiring. My head was dripping and my back was wet. I may find another use for those bandanas I bought for the "no hair days".

I was a lot slower doing that project than I thought. I was hungry again.

I washed up and heated up the food I had gotten ready to take to work today and enjoyed that, and took the tamoxifen/effexor. Daniel called, saying he'd be home soon.

By the time he got home I wasn't feeling so good. I don't know if I overdid it, or if the meds made me feel yucky (sometimes they do), or what, but I went in and laid on the bed. I dozed, and got up an hour later.

Dan and I visited. He fixed supper, but I had crackers and apple.

Still not ready to eat, I wrote here.

I'm better but not all that. We'll be going to bed soon.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment