Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Monday 05.25.2009 Memorial Day

It was nice to sleep in on a "work day". I wasn't scheduled until afternoons, 2:30 pm to 11 pm, but still a workday. I called them about 11 am to see if I needed to come in--they didn't, so I was "on-call". Cool.

I got myself ready and went out for a jog. It was lovely outdoors.

When I got back, Breon and Nick were there. We visited while I cooled off, then I showered.

Bre, Nick, and myself went up to the pool; Dan stayed home.

I came back first, and Dan and I got supper ready. He cooked out on the grill while I got the table set, beverages and vegetables together.

We enjoyed our meal, then the three of them watched some kind of "action-suspense-murder" garbage. I don't like it, won't watch it, and don't want to listen to it. I went into "my" room, did some stuff on the computer, did some paperwork. I was kind of bummed to not be spending that time with them.

After a while, a knock on the door. The "young 'ens" were leaving. Hugs and kisses, see you some time.

I finished cleaning up the kitchen and Dan asked if I was going to go in to work. "I don't know, I'm on call till 11 pm." It was about 7:05 pm. I called to see what was going on there.

They were doing fine, with no need to call me in at this time. So, unless at least 3 women delivered within the next hour, I wouldn't be coming in. Hm. Ok.

When I told Dan, he asked if I wanted to run the boat up to The Lake. Hmmm. I figured that by the time we went to Grass Lake to pick up the boat, by the time we were an hour north of the hospital, it would be 9-ish; we could always drop me at the hospital if I get called in.

Ok, let me put a bag together.

I grabbed pj's, change of clothes, got a small cooler and Dan put a few things in for breakfast and snacks; he loaded the van, and we were on the road at 7:18 pm. Wow, that was fast.

We got over to the storage unit in Grass Lake, hooked up the boat, checked lights, headed north.

We had an uneventful drive, thank you God, I didn't get called to work, and we pulled in to the Jacque Cabin around midnight.

It was cool there, mid-40's or so. We turned on the electric blanket, snuggled up, and liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment