Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday 05.18.2009

I slept at intervals, as usual, and when I woke at 0810 I decided to get up. I had breakfast and waited a little for it to digest some, thinking I could go jog and shower before going to Jackson for an 11 o'clock meeting. Soon in was 8:45, and after thinking about the time frame, I decided that I wouldn't be "cooled down" enough to shower and get ready to leave, so I changed my mind. I was still tired, and you know what I did?? I went back to bed. Yep.

Daniel came in to tell me it was twenty-to-ten. Huh?? I was sleeping.

I got up again, and dressed, and just as I was putting on my shoes the phone rang.

It was the body shop about my car.

The adjuster was there and wondered about the towing bill, that it should have been included in the repair cost, but since I paid it, could I bring the receipt over?? Sure, I was just ready to leave....

I got over there and met Trent. Nice guy. Dave, the owner of the shop, had tried to move the car, but since the tire won't straighten out, they were only able to move it on an arc. The front bumper was almost off and the "partial tear-down" gave them a good idea of the amount of damage done. It was found that the clips for the radiator and the air conditioning compressor were broken, too, so those units will need to be replaced. I got the feel that they will do a good job. They both pointed out where the bumper attachment (pins? brackets??) had been previously repaired. What?? Oh, Yes, they said. See here?? This has had front end damage previously. Not major, but repaired. Oh. I told them that it didn't show on the CarFax report we had gotten on it. Regardless, they'll finish the tear-down, get the parts ordered, and get it spiffed up for me. Ok, thanks.

On to Jackson.

I called to let them know I was a few minutes late. As it was, 3 others came in after I did.

After the meeting I stopped at the Secretary of State office to renew boat stickers. 50 minutes and $56 later I was done.

Back home, Daniel was busy on the computer, filling in information for a J.O.B. And while he was doing that, my phone rang again. This time it was Brinkman's, calling about the boat.

Kurt said the boat was ready. Woo Hoo!!! New tires and rims (it was "more cost effective" to replace the rims than to change tires), new winch rope, belts and hoses were good, all systems go. It fired up without difficulty, and he said it was a beautiful boat. Yes, Thank you, I said, "It's always been stored inside." We chatted a bit more; he told me that the lower unit hydrolics were a manufacturing defect. He's torn apart several of these OMC units without success in repairing them. Bummer. He did say he could put the boat back inside the shop until I pick it up Wednesday. Thanks again, Kurt. I appreciate that.

I fixed us something to eat, and ate, then I spot checked email. I was getting things ready for another appointment tomorrow afternoon when work called. Can you help out tomorrow?? Ugh. No, I have appointments. Sorry.

Well, after thinking about it, it really wasn't so bad going in for just a few hours in the morning. And if I did, I could get back home and nap if I needed to before the afternoon appointment. Or exercise. Maybe both...

So I called them back, telling them I would come in just to do the "morning stuff". I'm not staying. No problem, thanks.

I finished up my project while uniforms were in the washer, then dryer, and wrote here. It's now time for bed.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment