Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday 05.04.2009

I was surprised when I had awakened, then the radio came on. Oh! Time to get up. So I did.

When Dan is not home in the morning, I turn on the radio, which I did. I was getting ready for work, just starting to put on some makeup, when the phone rang. I thought it would be Daniel, wishing me a good day. After all, it was close to 0500.

Not.

It was work, calling to tell me it was "my turn", to stay home. Oh. Ok. Good--I didn't have much face paint on yet...

I put my pajamas back on and went back to bed. Ahhhh.

I was sleeping sound when I heard the phone ring. I struggled to the surface and answered.

Work again. It was 0800.

I was being "staffed off", which means "No longer committed to be available to come in if called". Which is different from being "on call", which means "You have one hour to get here if/when we call you". There are only a few patients and more than enough staff.

Ok, thanks. I laid there and dozed, and after what seemed like a short time, decided to get up.

Oh, I did sleep. It's 10:00!

I got up and putzed around, breakfast, coffee, making a couple of lists, and got to reading the outstanding emails. About 2 ish, I decided to go outside. Hmmm, what to do??

I decided to try the rollerblades/in-line skates that I had purchased a few years ago.

I put on the knee guards, elbow guards, and wrist guards, and figured out how to get the skates on. Ok, out the door. Agghhhh. These are more slippery than ice skates!

It took just a little bit to figure it out. I ended up skating around the complex a few times, and was out about 40 minutes. It was fun!! And, while I wobbled and bobbed several times, I didn't fall...

Anybody want to come and skate with me??

When I got back in (and cooled off) I saw that Daniel had left a message. I called back; he's on his way home. By the time I finished my lunch and picked up after myself, he arrived.

He had a good time, and got home safely, thank you God.

We spent the rest of the evening visiting, and I finished reading the rest of the outstanding emails (finally) and wrote here.

Tomorrow is a workday. I hope we're not so busy we can't breathe.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment