Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wednesday 04.22.2009 The Lake

I slept better than I thought I would, with the periods of wakefulness brief. I woke about 6:30 and saw it was becoming daylight. I thought about what I needed to do before leaving for The Lake. I probably could have gotten up, but I had quite the facial/sinus headache and didn’t feel “slept out”. I must have dozed off—the next time I saw the clock it was just before 9. That’s better. My face feels a little better, too. Good.

I got up, getting myself ready for the day. I don’t know what time Daniel got up. He helped me load the van, and I was on the road by 11.

What a beautiful day! The sky was a springtime blue with light gray clouds. I had a good trip, though it was quite windy. The closer I got to the lake the more dense the clouds were. No rain, just very windy, and about 40 degrees.

All was well when I arrived about 2:15. I’ve heard that the ice just went out last week. That there was a lot of snow, and a lot of wind. There were whitecaps through most of the afternoon and evening.

My first task after unloading was to clean the bathroom. That done, I was going to put the foodstuff away. Hm. Mouse dirt on the counter. I fixed a batch of bleach water, found a rag/cloth, and cleaned the counter. And the stove. Ugh.

My cousin Sue joined me, arriving about 4. Still windy and cool. We caught up some, fixed dinner and ate, then went out for a walk.

Sue has been coming to The Lake, literally, all of her life. As we walked along, we marveled at the 52 years we’ve been walking these same roads, looking at the trees, in wonderment that we and the trees have grown together all this time.

We came back in and spent the rest of the night visiting. Laughing, reminiscing. We are truly blessed.

In the wee hours, Sue took herself to bed, and I wrote here. I was unable to get an internet signal here, so I’m writing Wednesday night but posting Thursday, as that's when I picked up a signal. Thank you to Whomever, for getting online....

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. I'm kind of jealous, your at the lake. I'm glad though for you and Sue too. Nice that she is there with you. Hope that you two have fun.Love to the both of you.....

    Dave

    ReplyDelete