Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday 04.12.2009 Easter

I slept the few hours I was in bed, mostly. Up and ready for the workday, I drove to Jackson. It's 28 degrees this morning. Clear and cold, the bright moon just past full. I parked and walked over to the hospital. Isn't it interesting how 28 degrees feels not as cold in the spring as it does in the fall??

We had another nice work day with a great group. Moderately busy but manageable. And then it was time to leave. An eight (and a half) hour shift seems fast.

When I got home, Frank and Amy were there. Daniel was on his way from visiting one of his daughter's homes.

I fixed chicken salad for sandwiches, sliced tomato, baby carrots, and put sweet biscuits for shortcake in the oven. After eating, I put together strawberry shortcakes to celebrate Frank's birthday yesterday. It was really good--I used Breyer's Strawberry Ice Cream and fresh strawberries that Daniel and I had prepared last night. I put on a candle and lit it and we all sang to Frank. He seemed to like it.

Frank and Daniel changed clothes and went outside to bolt on a trailer hitch to the van. I invited Amy to go for a walk, and we went around the complex, taking the "scenic view" into a wooded area. We didn't see any animals, but heard lots of frogs/peepers and birds. So lovely. As Amy is from Oscoda, she said the woods were familiar to her. We had an enjoyable walk, and by the time we had circled back around to our place, the guys were finishing up their project.

We came inside; Amy asked if I had any "young Frank" pictures. I got out the box of photos and we went through them. It was fun to see her look and smile at "Frank through the years".

They left shortly after nine, and Dan and I wrapped up our evening, too.

Tomorrow is a workday for me again.

Thank you for reading. The Lord has Risen. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sis,
    Sounds like you had a nice day. You're a good Mom.
    Hope Frank enjoyed his birthday.
    Love ya,

    Dave & Catherine

    ReplyDelete