Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday 04.05.2009

Guess what happened this morning?? I usually hear the click of the radio/alarm before it comes on. This morning I heard the radio on and drug my brain from the depths of sleep (I have the sense that I was dreaming, but I don't remember the dream). I was sleeping sound. When I realized it was the radio and it was a workday, (I was struggling to get my brain surfaced) I fought to open my eyes. When I did, I looked at the time. 4:40!! The alarm had been on for 15 minutes before I heard it. That has only happened a couple of times in my life. Wow.

I got up and got ready. It seemed to take a while for my body to catch up--my hands were clumsy doing everyday routine tasks.

I got on the highway--I counted 5 raccoons that had been schmucked within the first 10 miles. No live critters on the road this morning, thank you God. I found a parking place and walked over, (Security shuttle? On weekends....???) clocking in "on time".

We had a good day. I wasn't the only one tired this morning; we all seemed to be in the zone. The day went on, however, and we woke up. It seemed like a long day, and eventually the night shift came in and we were able to leave.

A light rain was falling. The hospital operator had announced a Winter Storm Warning for tonight 10 pm until tomorrow 8 pm. The raindrops got a bit larger, and I noticed as they splatted on the windshield there were larger slushlike splats. Hm. The temp was 37 degrees. The roads were ok and there wasn't much traffic.

Daniel and I visited some. He was engrossed in the television; I checked email and wrote here.

I've had a couple of doses of the tylenol/motrin today. The side of the bra is uncomfortable where the fluid is accumulating. I can call the offices tomorrow and get my appointments started again.

I'm off to bed. I think I've been dozing while I've been trying to write.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment