Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday 04.18.2009 Sleep. Or lack thereof.

I find it odd--I can be very drowsy and dozing off while sitting on the sofa, yet when I get on the bed POP my eyes are open and my brain feels wide awake. I try the deep breathing, conscious relaxation, etc, and sometimes I put the earphones in and listen to either the radio or some favorite soothing music. Oh, yeah, don't forget the ever-present intermittent hot flashes. Hot, can't breathe, off-with-the-covers, lie-on-my-back-and-be-patient; 20 minutes later I have a small window of comfort then get cold. Blankets on, I usually turn onto my side, tuck in, and doze off. If I'm really lucky, or really tired (like two workdays in a row or several nights of not much sleep) I'll sleep for 3 or 4 hours. It's often intervals of 20, 40, 60 minutes, maybe an hour or two. Yes, I do look at the clock to keep some kind of tally as to how much sleep I actually get.

This morning, Daniel got up, I rolled over. I dozed in and out while he got his day going, then I heard the door close. I thought he had gone off to his umpire duties. An hour or so later I heard the door again. He was back--he had only gone out and done errands.

I got up. We talked a bit, I had breakfast. Beautifully sunny day, the birds sound happy. Dan finally left, I stretched and went out for a jog.

I came in, drank more water, putzed around until I stopped perspiring, showered, and ate. Then I remembered that Daniel had loaded the van with a dining table and chairs to take to Bre and Nick's. I called Bre to see if she/they would be around and I would bring it over.

They were! I also took the remaining smaller items that she had still in the closet. It was good to see them. They looked good, and seem to be doing well. We had the van unloaded in no time, we had a brief visit, and I left.

I stopped at Meijer and wandered around, picking up a few things that were on sale. I was strangely restless.

At home, Daniel was working on the computer. We chatted a bit, I ate again, and while he had the television on, I checked email and wrote here. He has since gone off to bed.

He's going to Flint tomorrow for the St. John Vianney Reunion Committee meeting, so he'll be gone all afternoon. I'm doing laundry, maybe some food prep for the week.

I pray you are all well. Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment