Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday 04.20.2009

Minimal sleep, awake what seemed like a lot, and the radio comes on. Shoot. Up I get.

It was raining a light, almost misty spring rain when I left this morning. On the roads leading out of the complex, there were what appeared to be lots of small twigs. Not twigs. What is that?? I keep going, and looking. Ewwww. WORMS!!! The whole length of the road, so many worms it was almost slippery. It looked like a collection of 4 to 6 inch lengths of yarns had blown up and covered the road. Really. And of course it was smelly. Wormy. You know. Ick.

I got to work, parked, and the shuttle took us over. On the unit, I discovered it was my turn to "float out", which means that I was sent to another unit. Pediatrics.

I don't work on other units for a reason. I don't like them. I haven't worked peds for maybe 3-4 years. I took a breath, did my best to bring a good attitude to the surface, put on a brave face, and off I went.

I knew the staff, all but one. They were very kind, and very busy. One of their staff came in extra and helped me (thank you God). I did my best to appear confident to the patients and their parents. I was very much relieved when my home unit called and needed me back. I got there about 2:30.

And I was given the new surgicals and new delivery. Lots of tasks to do in a timely manner. The rest of the afternoon I was busy, but busy on my own unit is better than busy somewhere else. I was surprised to see the night shift coming in. We finished up and clocked out.

Whoa--it's cold out! 40 degrees and windy.

A safe drive home, thank you God.

Daniel was waiting for me. He got up and hugged me, we visited, then I went in and showered. Kid germs. I often get sick after being in the pediatric area. We'll see....

I checked email briefly and wrote here. And feeling ready for bed.

Tomorrow is another workday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment